Sunday, December 27, 2009

benin by the numbers

a few fun facts:


103- number of Peace Corps volunteers currently serving in Benin

8 million- approx. population of people in Benin

10- most # of bowel movements I've had in one unfortunate 24 hour period

2- hour bike ride (one way) it is to find internet

1.5- hour bike ride (one way) it is to the nearest Peace Corps volunteer

4- average number of lizards I find stuck in my house (they fall from the roof) when I leave for a few days

16- books I've read so far

120- estimated number of crossword puzzles I've done in Benin

10- number of family and friends visiting me during my service here (at LEAST)

3- number of birthdays I'll celebrate in Benin

6- dollars of pay I receive a day

27- most number of children of Beninese men I know

4- most number of wives of Beninese men I know

20- cents for a lunch

1- dollar for a beer

6- months I've already spent here

19- months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment